|Posted by moodhacker on June 15, 2016 at 10:50 AM|
Koukaki neighbourhood, in Athens downtown, with an Acropolis view, is among the Airbnb's "16 neighbourhoods to travel to in 2016".
The list is published by the Airbnb firm , which analysed the travel patterns of more than 40 million guests in 2015, and chose cities' neighbourhoods around the world that have gained momentum in the past year.
"Adjacent to The Acropolis, Koukaki sits at the bottom of the Lofos Filopappou and is home to ancient treasures. Pictured is the interior of an Airbnb there". photo Daily Mail
Adjacent to The Acropolis, Koukaki sits at the bottom of the Lofos Filopappou and, like all great neighborhoods in Greece, is home to many ancient treasures.
In recent years two pedestrian-only streets have cropped up in the neighborhood, Drakou and Olymbou streets, making it a fantastic destination for a wander.
After it became a pedestrian playground, the street morphed to have a cafe-like feel with all of the restaurants and bars placing tables and chairs outside. Grab a coffee, a book, and a seat and watch the parade of people go by.
While you can pop down almost anywhere to grab a drink, O Pmampas has a wide selection of beers, and Vinni Biraria has 66 beers on their menu. For 'creative' Greek cuisine, Edodi is a foodie haven. Ambrosia is popular for traditional Greek fare while Skoumbri specializes in seafood,
wrote Daily mail, announicng the Airbnb results .
Areas in Asian countries came top of the list, led by Chuo-ku in Osaka, Japan, known for its historic castle and street food.
The research also found that Airbnb guests are among the more adventurous in the travel sphere.
These are the top neigborhood around the world that airbnb travelers chose for 2015, asuggestion for travelers to visit in 2016. Koukaki , Athens tops on number 5
The “16 Neighbourhoods to Visit in 2016”:
- Chūō-ku in Osaka, Japan - 7000% Growth
- Banglampoo in Bangkok, Thailand - 1230% Growth
- Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - 1200% Growth
- Capucins in Bordeaux, France - 960% Growth
- Koukaki in Athens, Greece - 800% growth
- Triana in Seville, Spain - 770% growth
- Hammerbrook in Hamburg, Germany - 415% growth
- Kaneohe on Oahu, US - 320% Growth
- Meireles in Fortaleza, Brazil - 285% Growth
- Roma Sur in Mexico City, Mexico - 275% Growth
- Oak Lawn in Dallas, US - 260% Growth
- Poncey-Highland in Atlanta, GA - 240% Growth
- District VII in Budapest, Hungary - 145% Growth
- The Bukit Peninsula, Bali - 130% growth
- Richmond in Melbourne, Australia - 126% Growth
- Constitución in Buenos Aires, Argentina - 125% growth