#Greek leftist government wishes good political relations with the #Trump US, while expecting #Obama
|Posted by moodhacker on November 9, 2016 at 8:35 AM|
The President of Democracy of Greece Prokopis Pavlopoulos and Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras highlighting the "long and durable friendship" between Greece and the US, in the congratulatory telegraphs they sent to the newly elected US President Donald Trump qand both expressed their confidence for tightening the frienship and alliance bonds between the two countries
- Specifically, this is telegraph of the President of Greek Democracy to Donald Trump
Elected President of the United States of American
On the occasion of your election as the 45th President of the United States of America I wish you every success in your important mission at a time of global changes and challenges.
Greece and the United States have been linked by a long and durable friendship based on shared values of freedom, Human Rights and Democracy. Today our two countries are important allies, linked both within NATO and the Euro-Atlantic Community, and by the millions of Americans with Greek ancestry.
I am confident that during your presidency, those links will continue to be strengthened and enhanced, to the mutual benefit of our Nations, and for the benefit of world peace, stability and progress.
Please accept, on behalf of the Greek people and myself, the sincere wishes for your personal health and for the prosperity of the American People "
- Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras sent his congrratulated telegraph , evening Greek time, underlining the traditional bonds of friendship and labeling that these relations can be made more solid for the benefit of the two peoples, peace and regional stability.
According to the announcement of Prime Minister Press Office, Alexis Tsipras congratulated Donald Trump on his election to the office of President of the United States of America, referring to the traditional bonds of friendship by which the Greek and American people over time are linked, These bonds are based on shared values of democracy, rule of law and respect for human rights, the telegraph underlined .In this context, the Greek Prime Minister is finally intended to deepen the Greek-US cooperation, to the benefit of both peoples, peace, and regional stability, the telegraph condcluded
- The Foreign Minister of Greece Nikos Kotziashad earlier than hte PM congratulated on behalf of the Greek government the newly elected US President Donald Trump
"The Greek government has systemic relations with both parties, the Democratic and the Republican.
We had discussions with the team of Trump last September on issues of the region on the sidelines of the UN general assembly.
The Greek government and any Greek government always had good relations with the US and the American people. We continue to have good political relations.
We are looking forward to welcome US President Barack Obama's to Greece," Greek Foreign Minister said on his statements , adding that President Obama is very popular in Greece. "President Obama's meeting with Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and the Greek government will be fruitful, positive and productive"
- Panos Kammenos, Greek coalition partner and leader of the right-wing Independent Greeks party, has congratulated Donald Trump on his victory in the US presidential contest.
“Congratulations to new president Trump,” Kammenos, who is also Greece's defense minister, said in a tweet on Wednesday , ( but in Greek Language) and stressed the “important role” of Trump's Greek American foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos for Greece.
- "The Greek government had been prepared for both possibilities given the failure of the pollster companies in recent years," a government source , also, said on Wednesday to the Greek Athenian Agency amna-mpa, on the outcome of the US elections.
The same source said, according to the agency, that Obama's visit is of significant importance for the second programme review and the debt issue as well as for the fact that the US foreign policy gives emphasis on Greece and so far this does not seem to change.
"Of course there will be changes in the US interior affairs and the international system, which we are closely monitoring," the same source added but also stressed the complete opposite points of view issue to the refugee crisis, concerning Europe, but also straigtly Greece.
"However, there is some concern over the respect of human rights and the rights of the minorities."the governmenet source said, keeping his anonymity